CONTRACT: Full time position
DEADLINE: August 29, 2018
INARA is ready to move into its next phase of strategic expansion within the region and solidify its current internal and external operations. As such, the Regional Manager will be hired to look at INARA’s current operations and provide input to the Lebanon Country Manager as INARA moves to better streamline its operations. The Regional Manager will also need to develop and implement a strategic plan for growth looking at other areas within the region, and work to develop long term medical and donor partnerships.
Scope of the position
The position holder will be required to have a strong understanding of INARA’s mission and have the ability to turn the INARA Board’s vision into a viable and appropriate strategy of growth within the region. The Regional Manager will also be responsible for all aspects of INARA’s operations and will ensure cohesive regional coordination between Country Offices.
Initial key areas of focus:
- Regional growth and development of the organization in the Middle East
- Development of a sustainable fundraising strategy
- Development of the Turkey Country Office.
- Provide strategic advice to INARA’s Board & President
- Carry out other duties as requested by INARA’s President and Board
- Represent INARA when required, in local and international press, internal communications and external events
- Play a role in donor management, alongside the INARA Board, Country Managers and Fundraising & Finance Manager, by attending meetings and other types of donor events
- Ensure that INARA’s operations encompasses the fundamental principles of the organization, including putting the best interests of the child first and child protection standards
- Ensure coordinated reporting mechanisms from all Country Offices, including providing INARA’s President and Board with monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- Strengthen INARA’s monitoring and evaluation process within the Country Offices
- Oversight of the regional budget. Responsible for ensuring, alongside the Country Managers, that the programs are within budget. Provide financial and budgetary reporting to the INARA Board on a quarterly basis
- Maintain and develop INARA’s medical, humanitarian and other regional partnerships for enhanced collaborative work. This includes ensuring INARA is represented within the humanitarian community in each country of operations
- Provide both an organizational development function, and when needed, development support to the Country Offices
- Ensure cohesive regional coordination between Country Offices
- Develop and implement INARA’s regional strategy and its organizational expansion in the Middle East; taking into consideration the changing landscape for refugees and access to medical care
- In collaboration with the Fundraising & Finance Manager, design a fundraising strategy to ensure INARA becomes sustainable in the long run; creatively seeking funds from individuals and institutional donors.
- A minimum of eight years of program development, management and implementation in the humanitarian sector, in the Middle East. Experience in Turkey or Lebanon is desirable
- This is a national position for those within the Middle East.
- Existing relationships within appropriate humanitarian organizations and/ or medical providers in the Middle East
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Turkish and/or Arabic is desirable
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Demonstrable understanding of medical issues which arise out of conflict situations
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and knowledge of best practice and principles when working with this group
- Demonstrable understanding of the current socio-political context within the region and the Syrian refugee crisis
- Experience of financial management and a familiarity with administrative systems, including Microsoft Office
- Significant previous experience as a spokesperson for organizations and individuals
- Significant previous experience providing counsel to senior management
- Significant previous experience hiring and leading diverse teams and management of a team of four or more staff members.
- Ability to grasp the big picture, think strategically and implement
- Capacity to learn, grow and stay focused
- High level of personal accountability for the achievement of demanding objectives
- Highly collaborative approach, emphasizing cohesion between various functions
- Ability to multitask and to follow through on priorities
- High degree of diplomacy, tact, discretion and commitment to integrity, including ability to deal effectively with varying stakeholders
- Ability to quickly learn issues and to cope with continuous change and pressure in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- High degree of strategic thinking and politically savvy
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability to different environments
- First rate networking skills, with ability to collaborate across the organization and multi-stakeholder communities
- Ability to drive teams forward to reach challenging goals, with the ability to develop and nurture internal talent and promote diversity.
- Ideally the position is based in Istanbul, Turkey, however, the position holder could be based elsewhere in the Middle East
- There may be times when the position holder is required to work on the weekends or evenings and undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above.
- Frequent regional travel.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter stating how you meet the job description to [email protected]. Both CV and cover letter should display your full name. In the the email subject, please state 'Regional Manager application'.
Please note that if you have applied for this position before you should not re-apply.