CONTRACT: Full time
LOCATION: Istanbul, Turkey
DEADLINE: Friday, June 22
APPLY: Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
INARA is ready to implement the first phase of its regional expansion, with its second operation starting in Turkey. As such, the Regional Manager will be hired to set and implement the strategic plan for INARA’s operations in Turkey and the Middle East, as well as be the principal strategist and advisor to INARA’s President and Board. The Regional Manager is responsible for all aspects of INARA’s internal and external operations delivery and will ensure cohesive regional coordination between Country Offices.
Scope of the position
1. Regional growth of the organization in the Middle East
2. Development of the Turkey Country Office and the organization as a whole
3. Direct management of Country Managers.
- Provide strategic counsel to INARA’s Board & President
- Develop and implement INARA’s regional strategy and its organizational expansion in Turkey and the Middle East. Initial focus is Turkey, with Iraq at a later stage
- Ensure cohesive regional coordination between Country Offices
- Provide both an organizational development function and, when needed, development support to the Country Offices
- Maintain and develop INARA’s medical, humanitarian and other regional partnerships for enhanced collaborative work. This includes ensuring INARA is represented within the humanitarian community in each country of operations
- In collaboration with the Fundraising & Finance Manager, design a strategic fundraising plan to ensure INARA becomes sustainable in the long run; creatively seeking funds from individuals, the private sector, as well as from the donor community
- Oversight of the regional budget and responsible for ensuring, alongside the Country Managers, that the programs are within budget. Provide financial and budgetary reporting to the INARA board on a quarterly basis
- Play a role in donor management, alongside the Board and Fundraising & Finance Manager, by attending meetings and other types of donor events
- Represent INARA, when required, in local and international press, internal communications and external events
- Design an impact evaluation tool for all Country Managers to ensure all INARA operations are monitored and evaluated; providing the INARA President and Board with mid and post evaluations
- Ensure that INARA’s operations encompasses the fundamental principles of the organization, including putting the best interests of the child first and child protection standards
- Carry out other duties as requested by INARA’s President and Board
- Provide update reports on an agreed regular basis to INARA’s President and Board.
- A minimum of eight years of program development and implementation in the humanitarian sector, in Turkey and the Middle East
- Existing relationships within appropriate humanitarian organizations and/or medical providers in Turkey and the Middle East.
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of Turkish
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Demonstrable understanding of medical issues which arise out of conflict situations
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and knowledge of best practice and principles when working with this group
- Demonstrable understanding of the current socio-political context and the Syrian refugee crisis
- Experience of financial management and a familiarity with administrative systems, including Microsoft Office
- Significant previous experience as a spokesperson for organizations and individuals
- Significant previous experience providing counsel to senior executives/management
- Significant previous experience hiring and leading diverse teams and management of a team of four or more staff members
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international affairs, political science or any related field.
- Ability to drive teams forward to reach challenging goals, with ability to develop and nurture internal talent and promote diversity
- First rate networking skills, with ability to collaborate across the organization and the multi-stakeholder community
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability to different environments
- High degree of strategic thinking and politically savvy
- Ability to quickly learn the issues and to cope with continuous change and pressure in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- High degree of diplomacy, tact, discretion and commitment to integrity, including ability to deal effectively and tactfully with varying stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and to follow through on priorities
- Highly collaborative approach, emphasizing cohesion between various functions
- High level of personal accountability for the achievement of demanding objectives
- Capacity to learn, grow and stay focused.
- The position will be based in Istanbul, Turkey and there will be frequent internal and regional travel
- There may be times when the position holder is required to work on the weekends or evenings and undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter stating how you meeting the job description to [email protected]. Both CV and cover letter should display your full name. In the email subject, please state 'INARA Regional Manager application'.