CONTRACT: Part time position
DEADLINE: September 18, 2018
The Caseworker is responsible for working with children who have conflict related injuries, connecting them to medical providers or humanitarian organizations for appropriate treatment. They will work closely with these partners to manage the case from start to finish. This person will report to the Casework Coordinator.
- Identifying and receiving case referrals through engaging with existing or new referral networks
- Connecting cases with the appropriate medical provider and/or humanitarian organization, organizing logistical support and residential care as appropriate
- Responsible for the ongoing management of the case including: accompanying beneficiaries to medical appointments, organizing follow ups and general liaison with medical providers and/or humanitarian organizations
- Responsible for maintaining contact with the beneficiary, ensuring holistic support from case beginning to end. This includes establishing if there are any further needs which need to be addressed
- Assists with maintaining and creating a network of referral organizations and partnerships whilst boosting awareness or/and credibility for INARA.
- Responsible for updating the case file, expenses incurred and any other administrative tasks on a timely and ongoing basis
- Responsible for managing petty cash which is used for case management.
- Reports to the Casework Coordinator on a regular basis
- Requests approval for all payments from the Casework Coordinator.
- Monitors the outcomes of beneficiary care and overall program implementation, according to INARA’s objectives
- Participates in evaluating the impact of INARA’s program.
- Located in Beirut, the working environment will be a combination of both field and office based work
- There may be times when the position holder is required to work on the weekends or evenings and undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of social work, medical or child related areas
- Minimum three years of relevant experience working in the humanitarian sector in Lebanon or elsewhere in the Middle East
- This is national position for Lebanese staff only.
- Fluency in spoken Arabic and English, French is an asset
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability to different environments
- Experience working front line with vulnerable people in Lebanon or elsewhere in the Middle East
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate to a wide range of actors
- A demonstrable understanding of the current sociopolitical context and refugee crises in Lebanon and Syria
- Experience of financial management and a familiarity with administrative systems, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with vulnerable children who have medical needs and corresponding knowledge of the principles and practices required when working with these children
- A demonstrable understanding of medical issues which arise out conflict situations
- Existing relationships within appropriate humanitarian organizations and/or medical providers.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter stating how you meet the job description to [email protected]. Both CV and cover letter should display your full name. In the the email subject, please state 'Caseworker application'.