Ghazi

INARA icon1.PNG

Ghazi and his father went to a food stand in Lebanon to get a snack as they were hungry. The man on the side of the road, near to the sea, was boiling corn. He knocked the large pan, and the boiling water fell onto Ghazi, badly burning him.

His family rushed him to the nearest hospital in Beirut, but they refused to admit him until the family paid $10,000 – the estimated cost for the treatment. His family didn’t know who to turn to until a neighbor told them about INARA.

“He is angry and scared all the time since his accident.”

After booking him in to meet Dr Ghassan Abu Sittah at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC), we provided Ghazi with silicon sheets and a garment to help the burns on his thighs and abdomen heal. After three months he will need a CO2 laser surgery to help smooth out the scar and prevent the burns from restricting his movement.

“I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping my child to be healthier.”