Ghinwa’s burns are as a result of living in small, cramped conditions as a refugee.
Gharib was badly burnt in an accident in his cousin’s kitchen.
Rashed’s mom fainted. He crawled over to check if she was ok. It was at this point that boiling water fell on him.
Zuhair has painful burns on his feet that prevent him from being able to walk.
Bilal put his arm into boiling water while his mother wasn’t looking.
Layan spilled boiling water over herself when she was playing in her aunt’s kitchen.
Taj’s knee was badly injured by shrapnel when her house was bombed.
Nadine knocked boiling yogurt over herself, burning her torso and chest.
As Azouz was asleep, an electrical surge caused sparks to fly, and his mattress caught fire.
Mouwafak was burned by accidentally knocking a teapot over himself when he was playing with his siblings.
Nagi was only one when he knocked boiling water over himself.
Ayham’s shoulders were badly burnt by boiling water.
The noise of a nearby airstrike scared Naiima. She ran into the kitchen to find her mom and knocked boiling oil off the oven and over herself.
Rafik was only 27 days old when he was badly burnt in Syria.
Four year old Islam was burnt when boiling hot water fell on his head and shoulders.
Rihab knocked a pot of boiling water over herself, badly burning her arm and chest.
Ghaith was playing soccer on his roof when an airstrike landed on his neighbor’s house.
Khodor swallowed chlorine tablets while his mother was out the room.
Yaser was shot in the head in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon.
Zeina needs a simple skin release surgery on her left elbow to restore full mobility.
Nader found what he thought was a yoyo in the rubble in his village. It turned out to be a grenade.
Afaf is eight years old, and has one dream: “I want to be comfortable with my body again.”
Sondos was only four years old when boiling water accidentally landed on both her hands and her left arm.
Nihad is only one, and yet so much of his life has been spent in hospitals.
Sami is covered in third degree burns because a heater caught fire while he was asleep.
Hadiya accidentally knocked boiling water off a table and over herself.
Since Hamza was burnt in the tent he and his family live in as refugees in Lebanon, he finds it difficult to fall asleep.
When an airstrike struck her neighbor’s house, the explosion burst her ear drum.
Ellen will need CO2 laser and steroid injections for the burns on her elbow.
“I went to boil the water to give Mira a bath. As I went out of the room quickly to grab some clean clothes for Mira, I heard a loud scream.”