Arabic Communications Officer
CONTRACT: Part time (three days a week) with the potential to become full time at a later stage
DEADLINE: Tuesday, May 15
APPLY: Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The Arabic Communications Officer will work on implementing the organization’s communications strategy to ensure our work reaches new audiences. The priority of this job will be in building a press presence for INARA in the MENA region, increasing INARA’s audiences on social media, and also on translating INARA’s website into Arabic.
This is a part time position (three days a week) with the potential to become full-time at a later date.
- Contributing towards the Communications strategy in line with the Communications Manager
- Scheduling social media posts in Arabic
- Approaching key social media informers in Arabic to encourage them to write about and donate to INARA
- Monitoring social media and responding to all posts in Arabic that are targeted at INARA.
- Translating the entire website into Arabic. This will be the main bulk of work for the Arabic Communications Officer
- Translating web pages as and when they come up
- Uploading this content onto the website using our content management system Squarespace.
- Working with the Communications Manager and Content Creator to plan and develop communications for fundraising campaign
- Translating content into Arabic for campaigns
- Leading on campaigns that may specifically target the MENA region
- Working with freelance designers on marketing collateral in Arabic.
- Building relationships with media outlets and journalists that write in Arabic
- Drafting and distribution of press releases
- Monitoring opportunities in the press that INARA can offer up opinions on
- Being INARA’s spokesperson in Arabic broadcast press
- Upholding INARA’s reputation in the press should any reactive media queries come in from Arabic press, preparing statements with sign off from the Communications Manager, Country Manager and INARA Board.
- Liaising with designers on marketing jobs and ensuring that the INARA brand is successfully implemented.
- Translating key documents from English into Arabic (or vice versa) on an ad hoc basis.
- Assisting our Content Creator on field visits for filming
- Translating subtitles from Arabic into English.
- Working with the Communications Manager and Fundraising & Finance Manager on future awareness raising events.
- Maintaining and staying updated with Podio integrations
- Maintaining INARA’s Stripe account where we receive donations
- Working with the Country Manager and Fundraising & Finance Manager on the Annual Review
- Provide communications advice on management decision-making.
- Reports to the Communications Manager on a regular basis
- Communications with the team using email and other online communication tools
- Requests approval for all payments from the Country Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of journalism, communications, media or translation
- More than two years relevant experience working in communications or media
- Fluency in spoken Arabic and English
- Strong experience translating documents from English into Arabic
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability to different environments
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic to communicate to a wide range of actors
- A demonstrable understanding of the current socio-political context and refugee crises in Lebanon and Syria
- Experience and familiarity with administrative systems, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and strong organizational skills.
- Existing relationships with press contacts in the MENA region
- Experience of using Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience of using Squarespace as a content management system.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter stating how you meeting the job description to [email protected]. Both CV and cover letter should display your full name. In the the email subject, please state 'INARA Arabic Communications Officer application'.